Pages

10 March 2013

Egypt: a Land to Love // H.C. Andersen: "to Travel is to Live"




I've been quite lucky to visit Egypt several times since 2006 where my family first fell in love with the country. We always stay in Hurghada by the East coast, so I'm pretty familiar with the city now. From here we've gone to both Cairo and Luxor multiple times.

People in Egypt are really friendly and they'll do a lot to help you! When I visited a few weeks ago with two of my friends, we went for an evening walk where I stumbled on the pavement and hit my toe which started bleeding quite bad. My friends rushed back to a hotel we'd just passed to see if they had a plaster. I waited for a while before two Egyptian men suddenly ran towards me with my friends jogging along behind them.
They didn't have any plasters with them but they did bring a roll of toilet paper and a big roll of tape which they wrapped my foot in. Not just my toe, but most of my foot - it would be a shame, if it bled through, right?

I know some of my friends think that the Egyptian people can be a bit too fast forward and pushy, and to be honest I wasn't super fond of it either when I was younger. But I guess it's all just about embracing a different culture than what you're used to from back home - when I visit now I absolutely love how they're all so chatty even if it's in limited English.










I've never really had a not amazing trip to Egypt and I always find myself so happy and full of positive energy when visiting, and as soon as I step foot in Denmark I want to go straight back to the sun, the chilly orange juice, the blue, salty sea, and the breathtaking sunsets in the desert.







3 comments:

  1. I really loved this post! Egypt has been the singly place I have wanted to visit since I was a little girl! One day it will happen! Lucky you! Thanks for sharing!

    SarahSee. Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you'll make it happen because I've loved it every single time I was there - it's really a lovely place and I feel like you become a whole different person! :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks interesting, ill be sure to check it out. Property in Egypt

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x