Pages

16 March 2013

The Burning House

A while back I stumbled across this website called "the Burning House" which has the following description:
If your house was burning, what would you take with you? It's a conflict between what's practical, valuable and sentimental. What you would take reflects your interests, background and priorities. Think of it as an interview condensed into one question. 
I think this is such a fascinating question and it's really interesting to browse through the website and see what people choose to take with them in case they had to. Some people have a ridiculous amount of stuff they want to bring with them (I probably wouldn't bring nail polish with me, but that's none of my business) while others only pick a few bits.
The stuff that I ideally would get with me out is way larger than what I've chosen to bring in this post. If my house was actually on fire I'd probably either grab everything I could get my hands on or just get out without anything. But what I chose when making this post is:

A box of memories in which I've collected all kinds of small stuff during the years.
A mask that I bought on a trip to Venice with my family many years ago.
My camera (which I took the picture with) and my lenses.
My favourite toy, Kiara, from when I was a child.
External hard drive where I have all my pictures and other important stuff on. 
Purse.
A photo album with old pictures from the time where you'd actually get them developed.
Passport
A Pandora bracelet which I wore every single day in primary school.
(Also I'd like to bring my computer, which also has a lot of pictures and memories on it)

At least these are some of my stuff that really mean something to me. Some of the stuff I could obviously live without - it' pretty easy to get a new passport - but it's more the story and meaning behind the object.

If you were in this situation, what do you think you'd bring?

6 comments:

  1. Nice collection of things<3 I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog and (if you like) following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! XX

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! :-) And I'll check out your blog right away. x

      Delete
  2. I have the external hard drive too - cute purse <3

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Even though I totally feel like I need a new one, haha! ;-)

      Delete
  3. I would take my passport and purse. Everything else can be replaced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting! :-) I think those things are what I'd most easily leave behind and brings some sentimental stuff with me instead. x

      Delete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x