Pages

29 April 2013

Movie Month

Even though I absolutely love going to the cinema I actually rarely go - though, I went twice this month to see "The Place Beyond The Pines" and "Iron Man 3".
The first one was just a random pick when 3 of my friends and I decided we felt like watching a film, and I've had Iron Man planned since I found it was being produced.

The Place Beyond the Pines was brilliant and the acting was great  by everybody and I enjoyed the film from beginning to end. It's "split" into three parts and it really caught me right from the first one, which was the toughest and most action-packed (I'm a sucker for a good action film) part of the film. This being said it also presented some strong emotions, and the characters were just great! Generally there was created a perfect combination between action and emotion. One of my friends really doesn't like action films, and even she liked it a lot.

I've read a few reviews where people complained that it was too long, but compared with the story told during the 2 hours and 20 minutes I didn't feel like it was too bad. Overall I really enjoyed this film and the three parts played wonderfully together - I would definitely recommend this film, as it's one of the best I've seen in a while.

I'm a huge Marvel fan and even bigger Iron Man fan so I've been so excited to go see this movie! Iron Man is one of my absolute favourite super heroes and I've really enjoyed the other two movies so my expectations weren't low. I now regret that I has set my expectations that high.
I'm so gutted to say that I was actually a bit disappointed with the film. I really really wanted it to be fantastic and mind blowing, and it just wasn't. One of my friends even told me that is was better than Batman: The Dark Knight Rises - and let me just tell you; that film was A-mazing! 
Don't get me wrong - it was a good film. It was an awesome film. It just didn't live up to the first Iron Man film which is one of my all time favourites. The main problem was just that I'd set my expectations too high. So despite of it being a really nice film it isn't as fantastic as I had expected. :-( 

Have you seen either of the films? And what do you think of them?

11 comments:

  1. Can't wait to watch it! :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one? I recommend both! ;-)

      I'll visit it right away - thank you for checking out mine! x

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen them yet but i heared Iron Man wasnt that good...
    xoxo
    http://www.idontjustexistilive.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now don't get me wrong, because I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but it is such a good movie - I just missed a bit of the Iron Man feel that we're used to I think. x

      Delete
  3. I really want to go seethe place beyond the vines, any movie with gosling and bradley cooper gets my vote!

    beautyandtheb1.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I absolutely adore Bradley Cooper so I had to see this one, and they're both really good in this film! :-) x

      Delete
  4. Hey sweets - good post - My husband is dying to see Iron Man 3, unfortunately i'm not really a 'Marvel' gal but I think I will go. I'm more of the stereo typical chick flick type... I know! New follower here - look forward to reading more from you.. Love Laura (too)..xx A Scottish Lass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello there name sister. ;-) Thank you so much for joining - I really appreciate it! And even though Iron Man is an action film I think it's one of those made for couples, so both males and females will enjoy it - so definitely go see it! :-) x

      Delete
  5. I'm goin to see the place beyond the pines tonight! So excited for a bit of mr cooper haha :)
    saw iron man last week too and loved it, although it wasnt my favourite of the 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I felt about it! :-) x

      Delete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x