Pages

9 April 2013

The Long Awaited Arrival of Spring!

...and it's April 9th - it's alright, Spring, take your time.
Quite a few bloggers have already bragged about their lovely spring weather, but it seems that the weather gods of Denmark decided to let us wait just a bit longer than everybody else! I might be taking a risk, but even though it snowed briefly just a few days ago I'd now like to pronounce that spring is here! Or at least the very beginning of it..

When my brother and I were little my dad planted snowdrops in our garden in the shape of me and my brother's names, and every year when spring is on its way they blossom up and reveal our two names in the grass. And now I can happily announce that they're here!
Around this time last year it was 22 degrees Celsius which seems absolutely unbelievable with the 8 degrees we are sporting at the moment.
I simply cannot wait for warmer days where I can shove all my warm clothes to the back of my closet and jump into my sandals instead - fingers crossed that not too many days (weeks) have to pass...

Spring means less clothes, brighter shades of nail polish, longer days, and most important of all: summer is getting closer! To me, everyone just seems happier in the summer and because of the weather there is more stuff to do. Also I just don't really work with many layers, socks, and coats.
I hope you look forward to summer as much as I do! :-)


Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Hey, I love your blog ^.^ i followed !~
    if you have time, could you check out my blog ?
    nhilovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! :-D
      Of course I'll check out your blog right away! x

      Delete
  2. i'm so happy spring is finally here. my birthday is on monday and its gonna be warm and sunny. can't wait.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually we had a bit of snow the other day (I probably did make this post a bit too soon, haha) but I'm hoping for the best! :-) x

      Delete
  3. The pictures are great! What camera do you use? If only it was spring in Scotland, we still have winter :(
    aleelily| Uk fashion, beauty and general lifeness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I use a Sony 360a and for these pictures I used a 70-300mm lens. :-)
      I can tell you that from when I wrote this post till now it has only gotten colder, sigh.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos!

    www.timolove.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x