Pages

27 May 2013

MyBeautyBox | May Edition

I got my second MyBeautyBox a few days ago and even though I wasn't too thrilled about the last one, I couldn't help but get excited as I saw the box on the kitchen table when I woke up.
The theme this month was Fun & Flirty Beauty which I feel is much more suitable for spring and summer than the last time. And it couldn't have arrived at a better time, as we've actually had weather which suspiciously could look like summer - craaazy!
My box contained a hot pink nail polish from Astor, a mascara from W7 with the huuuugest wand you have ever seen, nail polish strips from Sally Hansen in the craziest pattern, and a lip gloss from Sinful Colors.
First of all, I don't really understand why I got two nail polishes, but I'm especially really excited to try the nail polish strips from Sally Hansen! I have never tried any kinds of nail polish strips so it'll be interesting to see how many days they'll last (because I'm thinking that the 10 days they're claiming sounds to good to be true). Though I'm a little hesitant about having received another lip gloss I'm generally very pleased with the box as all the products are full size and the brands aren't as well-known in Denmark which I think makes it so much more fun to receive this kind of box!

23 comments:

  1. The nail polish strips looks amazing!
    I used to subscribe to Glossybox but gave up on in because half the time I wasn't happy with the products so decided I could spend my money on a full size product that I would be happy with. Do you reckon you will keep subscribing to this one?

    Hannah x

    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The subscription I'm running on now is a 3 month one, so I'll receive my last box next June. My plan was that I'd decided by then whether I wanted to continue, but I don't think I will. x

      Delete
  2. I love getting beauty boxes, if only because I love getting packages in the mail :) That nail color looks a lot like OPI Let Me Entertain You, which is on my toes now. Such a pretty color! xx

    haley-wood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes! There's nothing better than receiving something from the post man! :-) x

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, I never sign up to things like this because I think I'll get a lot of stuff I don't want / need and that I'm not gonna use.

    With love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two boxes I've received is the first time I've tried it, though I really really like the idea of receiving something you might not go out and buy by yourself! :-)

      Delete
  4. oh what a great beauty box!
    no,i've never received one,but i would love to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good! I've never received one, but I would love to. Every month, it's a new surprise! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! That's what so exciting and why I love the idea. It's like getting a gift once a month (from yourself, sure sure - but it's SO exciting!!). :-) x

      Delete
  6. Great post!!! Nice pictures:)

    If you want, we can follow each other. Kisses
    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I'll check out your blog right away! :-) x

      Delete
  7. This looks like a pretty good box! I hope you enjoy it. x

    Melissa
    http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com
    p.s. I'm hosting an OASAP giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think I will this time. :-) x

      Delete
  8. The ideas pretty cool, but i've never tried one myself.
    Have fun!xx

    Caitlin xx
    http://pinkimperfecti0ns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't really either before I ordered this kind, though I'd been eyeing the idea for quite a while. ;-)

      Delete
  9. Really nice box! Love the items!

    x
    www.fashion-attacks.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. check out my blog & follow if you like :)

    xxx rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just got invited to my very first beauty&makeup session.. maybe it's time for me to learn how to look like a girl ;P Big hugs from Sweden!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The nail polish is such a pretty colour! <3

    Jennie xo // sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the salon effects nail varnish :0

    Now following you on GFC and would be great to get a follow back, if you would like to follow each other? :)

    Be great if you could check out my latest post on Glamorous Neon Ombre Tassel Flapper Dress

    Thanks! Charlie xx

    UK Fashion & Style Blog | Lurch Hound Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's quite nice, isn't it? ;-)
      Awesome, I'll definitely pop by your blog! x

      Delete
  14. LOVE this post! Really like your blog, Wanna follow eachother?? :)

    http://www.cynthiasnydose.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x