Pages

2 August 2013

My Interrail Experience | What We Did And Saw

Having visited 4 capitals we've obviously seen a lot of tourist sights, but when I'm out travelling I much more prefer finding little hidden gems that aren't surrounded by thousands of photo-taking people. Actually we didn't really search for any sights, but you can't really avoid seeing all those churches and castles everywhere anyway - which is nice of course as they were really pretty. But it was so much cooler when we stumbled upon something like the John Lennon wall or a Before I Die wall - both located in Prague.

We probably spend nearly an hour just looking at and taking photos of the John Lennon wall - I think there once was a huge portrait of mister John Lennon himself on the wall, but over the years many layers of paint have decorated the wall with lyrics, poems, and other drawings instead.
Another really cool thing we visited was the Museum of Broken Relationships in Zagreb where everyone can contribute with their own story about a failed relationship. I think this idea is absolutely great and really enjoyed walking around reading all the little stories (some of which were actually quite sad!). Usually I get bored kind of quickly when visiting museums, but this one actually managed to hold my attention - I really recommend it and I actually think it's situated elsewhere around the world as well.

Lastly, we went to a national park in Croatia called Plitvice Lakes where I actually managed to get a cheaper ticket although my student's card had expired - woo for saving money! The park is famous for its breathtakingly clear lakes and big waterfalls, and it was an absolutely amazing experience walking around the park - I've never (ever) seen such clear water! It was just crazy, and the photos doesn't show it any justice! If you're ever in Croatia, I really recommend that you visit this park. :-)































So this post ended up being super informative and not that personal, so I'll be back with a new post soon with some more fun stories about what we actually did. But I thought it would be nice, to just roughly tell what we've seen and done and show a few photos. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you made some really beautiful pictures! I'm now following you on Bloglovin! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Though everything were much prettier than the photos show. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos!
    I like the fact that this post was informative :) It's made me want to visit these places.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very glad you did, but I also hope you'd like some more personal stories because I'd love to tell them in a blog post soon. ;-)

      Delete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x