Pages

30 September 2013

A Quick Reminder (from Mark Twain)






Don't we all sometimes feel way too lazy to get up an do something even though you're longing for something to happen - something to change. It's so easy to play it safe, but that's not really what life is about. BUT don't we all sometimes fall in and waste away time on stupid stuff - I know I do, and that's when this quote hits spot on.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones that you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the wind in your sails. 
Explore. Dream. Discover. 
I'm sure you've already heard at least bits from this very well-known Mark Twain quote, and it just speaks to me. I often put off doing the things that I have to do and actually want to do - and for a short time that's fine, but I excel at wasting my time - it's just about remembering that twenty years will probably pass by faster than we'd expect. And when those twenty years have passed by wouldn't it be much more satisfying to know that you tried to achieve those dreams and hopes, that you took risks, that you enjoyed your time.
I know time passes by fast, so imagine you're a ship and throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the wind in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. 

4 comments:

  1. What you write is so true!

    This is one of my most favorite quotes, I've wanted to tattoo the last bit of it (explore, dream, discover) on me for so long (gotta get to it soon xD).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome - it definitely has a nice meaning!

      Delete
  2. So true! I love this quote!

    Laura, I nominated you to participate in a great photo blogging challenge! Come and check out my blog to see more about it!

    Love,
    Mariët.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds really cool, but I'm not sure if I'm just not looking the right places, but I can't really find any photo challenge?

      Delete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x