Pages

7 September 2013

Post Travel Blues

I'm not sure I can justify calling it post travel blues any more as it's now almost 2 months since I returned from my last trip, but one thing is sure: I want to go on another trip soon!
As you may or may not know I recently graduated and I'm now having a gap year. Right now I'm still working, but when I'm not I'm constantly walking around at home not knowing what to do about myself. I always find it a bit hard to return from travelling, and I just can't help myself but to compare everything to my travels - and of course what happens abroad is much more exciting than what is happening right here at home! Everyday life just seems to be a bit grey compared to the wonderful and colourful places I've visited in eastern Europe.

Well the thing is just; how do you overcome this blue feeling? It beats me..
I have to admit I haven't found the perfect cure but it's always nice looking forward to your future trips.  Whether that is to a weekend trip with your parents or your next big journey to undiscovered places around the globe, I find that it helps to know something good will happen. Luckily I do have a big trip ahead of me, and when I went to talk with a travel consultant about it I definitely felt my mood brighten! And knowing that I have this trip will definitely help me through the next 4 months of work. Also, by putting money aside you know will only be spent on travelling you're well on the way.




Tell me; do you ever feel lost when returning from somewhere and what's your cure?

7 comments:

  1. Hey I totally agree with the part of feeling sown when not traveling! I just came back from a place faraway from my country (somewhere in Europe) Gosh, I can't stop comparing, from the streets, the people, the scene. And I even start to calculate every price here into euros!
    School, compared to traveling, is BORING and too busy. But that's somehow the thing that keeps me sane and stop comparing or thinking about my last trip. So I guess staying busy is my way. However, I think your way of looking forward is a lot better. It's more positive! I don't get to travel frequently so I don't really know how it really feels like though. What a shame...:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think it's a good idea to stay busy and school is a great opportunity to see people as well. I find that locking yourself in your room is the absolute worst thing to do, so me being a waiter and seeing hundreds of people everyday is definitely a good thing! :-)

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I mean, feeling *down*, not sown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I am right there with you girl! I miss Germany terribly, and that was over 4 months ago!
    These pictures are absolutely breathtaking!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear I'm not alone with this - and thank you so much! :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh man, I always suffer from post-travel blues after my trips. It's horrible, haha. I was so bummed after South America. But it is quite a change to go from extremely eventful days EVERY DAY and back to the normal routine one has at home.. So I guess it isn't so strange.

    My only "cure" is to order another trip asap... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right - home just seems quite boring compared. And I'm totally with you on just ordering a new trip! ;-)

      Delete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x