Pages

23 November 2013

The Struggles of Travelling


Yes travelling is awesome, but not when you have to get a VISA! (for India in particular)
For the past week I've tried my best at getting a visa (online) for when I'm going to India, but man - that's easier said than done. You have to answer about 157 questions, attach 12 different document, a lock of your hair as well as your grand mother's wedding ring, before you can take your application form and go to the post office to send the letter as a recommended one (which is more 5 times more expensive than a normal letter).
During this process I've had so many questions but seeing that the embassy of India is impossible to contact (expect a lot of beeps or an automatic answer when calling their embassy) I've spent hours googling my way to tons of different answers from people who are just as confused as me. It's good to know that I'm not the only one struggling, at least.
Well, by now I've typed in my passport number so many times that I remember it by heart, and I'm just waiting for them to ask about my sexual history - they know everything else about me by now. And I thought America was difficult - but jeez, India takes the price!

4 comments:

  1. Is it true that they require a lock of your hair and your grand mother's wedding ring? That's funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay maybe not exactly, I might have exaggerated a tiny bit - but it was a though process. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I never thought getting a VISA was that hard - although I've heard some pretty nasty stories about it from people getting in/out of the States. But India? :D Well, at least you'll get tons of experience for the next big trip :).
    I hope everything works out fine for you, young lady :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's pretty insane. And I still have yet to apply for visa for both Vietnam and Thailand - fingers crossed it won't be as difficult! :-)
      And thank you. Much appreciated! ;-)

      Delete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x