Pages

6 February 2014

See You, Vietnam

Since last I've actually gone to Vietnam and left the country again to go to Thailand.
When the calender showed Monday the 27th of January my Vietnam adventure had reached its end, and I was headed to Thailand where I'd meet my parents to join them for my first week there. Before that, though, I'd visited 7 of the bigger cities of Vietnam and had countless unforgettable experiences.
I started in South Vietnam in Ho Chi Minh City, where I stayed for a week on my own before meeting up with a group of 15 people for an 11 days tour arranged by G Adventures. On that tour we went through Nha Trang, Hoi An, Hue, Halong Bay and Hanoi before parting - after leaving the group I had another week to myself before going to Thailand. Part of that week I spent in Sapa, which along with Halong Bay, was one of the most beautiful places I visited. Besides talking way to many photos of these two places, I; taught English to Vietnamese students in Ho Chi Minh City, took a mud bath in Nha Trang, did a lot of shopping in Hoi An, rode a motor bike in Hue, and learnt to cross the road in Hanoi (believe me - that's quite an achievement).
All together it's been an amazing trip though Vietnam and as hinted in the title, I'd love to come back one day.

5 comments:

  1. Gosh, now I feel a bit envy ;)! Sounds like an amazing trip, Laura! I hope you'll share more photos with us, I'd totally like to see them :).

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best! And I know I've been a bit lazy with my updates here - but more is to follow! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Wow this sounds amazing! I hope you're having a lovely time in Thailand.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had the best time here in Thailand - everything. is. so. great! :-)

      Delete
  3. Hey, just discovered your blog- loving your posts! I can't wait to get to South East Asia- I have been to Singapore/Kuala Lumpur and South Korea but I can't wait to experience all the temples and markets and beaches of Vietnam and Thailand :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x