Pages

10 May 2014

For the one He Loves // India's Pride

On my fourth day in India I finally got to see the one thing I was here for: Taj Mahal!
I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't have huge expectations - because I did! So it was with big anticipation that I approached one of the (new) Seven Wonders of the World.
Actually, I was expecting to see it right away, but as we arrived we obviously had to go through a few procedures to protect the monument; change from our taxi to some kind of not-as-polluting-vehicle that drove us to a security checkpoint, which we surprisingly got through rather fast.

After the quick security check we went through the East Gate and suddenly there she stood in all her pride and glory: the mausoleum built by Muslim emperor Shah Jahan to show his love for his deceased wife.
Even the high amount of people here didn't take away the overwhelmingly beauty of the perfect symmetry and gorgeous white marble - it's safe to say that I was not let down in any way.

We spent a good few hours there and had plenty of time to; take the obligatory photos from every angle, observe the colourfully dressed Indians compete with the beauty of the Taj, and watch the tourists doing crazy (jumping) poses in front of it before we got seated to watch the sun set and shed its golden colours on the monument.


3 comments:

  1. So cool you got to see the amazing Taj! Aaah, India, I need to go there :)!
    Enjoy!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fantastic! Definitely one of the highlights of my entire trip! :-)

      Delete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x