Pages

20 November 2014

1 Girl 1 Backpack


As I'm sure I've mentioned somewhere; 1 gap year was never enough for me, and so today I bought a one way ticket to Sydney. And I'm leaving in 15 days. That's basically in two weeks!!
I. AM. EXCITED!

A year ago I was saying to my friends that I didn't really understand why that many people wanted to go to Australia, and that it was a place I probably wouldn't want to visit because there were so many other cool places I'd rather go, and that it was too similar to where I'm from. Well apparently they have a thing for giant sculptures in Australia - you don't see that in Denmark!
And now, here I am - I've already started packing and almost can't wait to go to that land on the other side of the world where it's summer at Christmas time.

I'm not sure when I'm coming back home, but I'm hoping to find work in Sydney and then start heading north after a few months there, and hopefully I'll end up somewhere in South East Asia eventually.
See you sometime next year, Denmark! 

8 comments:

  1. That's exciting!! I hope you enjoy my country and your summer Christmas! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will - as long as I don't run into any spiders of course! ;-) x

      Delete
  2. Og så fik jeg vist lige svar på mit tidligere spørgsmål :-) Fedt Laura, det bliver et fantastisk år.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ja værsgo! ;-) Og ja det tror jeg helt sikkert også! Selvom jeg er en lille smule nervøs over at skulle holde jul så langt hjemme fra uden alle vores gode danske traditioner..

      Delete
  3. Oh wow you are living the life I want to live! I would love to go to Australia! I hope you have a lot of fun! :) Meet amazing people and experience unforgettable memories!

    DiscoverMe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! I certainly hope so, and I cannot wait to go! :-D

      Delete
  4. I started browsimg your blog tonight and really enjoying it, I love travel too so nice to pick up on some hints and tips from fellow travellers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow so brave. Good luck!

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by! x